Yukon WorkFutures

Work Permits for Students

It is possible to work in Canada while you are visiting as a student and there are opportunities for jobs on and off campus. Prior to starting work you must apply to Citizenship & Immigration Canada at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp.

As of April 2008, international students who graduate from eligible programs at certain Canadian post-secondary institutions are able to apply for work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP).